My answer to What are the likely positive aspects of Trump's foreign policy?
Answer by Abbey Laurel-Smith:
America’s interest first. Anything else, “go rent a Cop” But to be effective, if i were him, I will make several departmental, cabinet and committee adjustments. Remove all who have compromised the U.S. so as to favor one ally or the other.
For example, I will look into the State department and:
- separate the DOD from the hands of the Foreign Secretary and raise it to a cabinet level. Spell out their jobs for them.
- pull the CIA out of the Foreign Secretary’s portfolio. Spell out their job and job description for them.
- re-organize the State department’s role, so it doesn't overlap with any of these two departments.
- raise the NSA to it’s own cabinet level or bring back the war office as a separate entity.
- all the old guards in the Armed Forces Committee must go.
There are other areas to look at as well.
What are the likely positive aspects of Trump's foreign policy?